Ithaafushi Maldives Resort
Waldorf Astoria Maldives’s concept aims to harmoniously blend luxury in nature. The development consists of 3 pristine islands, surrounded by the crystal-clear azure waters of the Indian Ocean. We ensure that our design follows the international standards meeting the local environmental requirements and needs. Building design, height, orientation and density is guided by the natural setting and local architectural style, to reduce visual impact and intrusion, while maximizing natural solutions and optimizing cultural integration and identity, especially at more sensitive sites. Measures to limit energy and water consumptions in Operational facilities, are considered to avoid any impact in the ecosystem and biodiversity.
The architecture of the resort features contemporary design, with natural rough solid wooden cladded villas; giving a rustic vibe in harmony with the location’s surroundings. in contrast with spacious elegant modern open space with a lofty 7m. high ceiling. Rooms are spaciously elegant with a lofty 7 m. high ceiling, all oriented towards the lagoon, ocean or beach. The color palette for each room are of coral sandy bright off white, with oyster greige modern fumed oak highlights.
The development will set the standards in terms of luxury and leisure, with an elegant Interior design, visually appealing views and unique F&B outlets. The project consists of:
- 122 Beach, Reef and Overwater Villas with a Private Pool
- 10 Specialty Dining Venues and Bars including Terra, an elevated treetop restaurant
- World-class Lifestyle Spa and Wellness Sanctuary
- A Myriad of Adventure and Watersports Activities
- Waldorf Astoria Young Discovery Park: A Water Recreation Area and an Enriching Activities for Kids
- Romantic Wedding Pavilion for Special Occasions
Scope: Full Architectural Design & Supervision
Area: 60.000 sqm